Job Opportunity: PPT Secretary (70-02), Guelph R.O (1 day/week)
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: PPT Secretary (70-02), Guelph R.O (1 day/ week)
Location: Guelph Regional Office, 400 Speedvale Ave. West, Unit A
Reporting to: Supervisor, Regions 1 & 2
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,377.00 to $1,486.00 per week - (Range 6 – Support) - Pro Rated
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Responds to enquiries
- Updates membership records, lists and databases
- Liaises with staff in other areas of the organization and with outside contacts to facilitate work of the office
- Receives, takes message and directs incoming calls and transmits to proper individual
- Maintains and updates records from filing systems and/or databases
- Compiles summary reports from information and internal databases
- Types reports, agreements, composes letters and acknowledgements
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and content.
- Assists regional meetings and member educationals
- Organizes materials for distribution
- May make travel arrangements and accommodation for staff
- Maintains office systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1 year Community College Certificate or a one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) and five year related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of principles of basic office management
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please include any relevant factors that you want us to consider when exercising discretion in accepting your application under Article 11.02.02 and/or Article 11.02.03.
Please advise should you require an accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: PPT Secretary (70-02), Guelph R.O. 18.042, no later than January 22, 2019.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.