Job Opportunity: Organizer (76-08), Organizing Unit
Location: Organizing Unit, Communications Division, Victoria Park Regional Office, 2550 Victoria Park Ave., Ste 400, Toronto, ON. M2J 5A9
Reporting To: Supervisor, Organizing Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,729.00 to $1,922.00 per week (Range 4 – Pro-Tech)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Develops and implements organizing strategies designed to certify bargaining unit(s) of prospective members, mergers and divestments
- Provides leadership to prospective members involved in organizing campaigns
- Develops new, innovative organizing strategies and positions
- Prepares and presents applications for certification to the OLRB
- Coordinates campaigns against possible decertification applications
- Researches, prepares and presents case at the Board and hearings
- Represents prospective members, units in Bargaining or dispute resolution forums in an advocacy/spokesperson role
- Designs, writes campaign leaflets, and promotional material with the assistance of the Communication Division staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and three years of related work experience
- Advocacy skills
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Facilitation skills
- Knowledge of case law and other related legislation and regulations related to own work
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Demographic Philosophy and Diversity
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and polocies and own unit
- Knowledge of Collective Agreement Databases
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting: Organizer (76-08), Organizing Unit #17.027, no later than January 22, 2018.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.