Job Opportunity: Clerk Typist (100), Negotiations Unit
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: Clerk Typist (100), Negotiations Unit
Location: Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, ON
Reporting To: Supervisor, Negotiations Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,154.00 to $1,200.00 per week (Range 4 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Under the general direction of Negotiations Supervisor, which includes but are not limited to:
- Responds to enquiries
- Liaises with staff in other areas of the organization and with outside contacts to facilitate work of the unit
- Receives and takes message and directs incoming calls and transmits to proper individual
- Maintains and updates records from filing systems and or databases
- Determines needs and orders supplies for Unit(s)
- Compiles summary reports from information
- Tracks and codes invoices
- Types reports, agreements, composes letters and acknowledgements
- Proofreads and corrects materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and content.
- Organizes materials for distribution
- Sets up and organizes office systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires a Community College Certificate plus a one year Secretarial Science Certificate or an equivalent combination of experience and education and two years related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge’s relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Working knowledge of the operations, policies, procedures and structure of OPSEU
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Demographic Philosophy and Diversity
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Knowledge of office management principles
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
email@example.com quoting: Clerk Typist (100) #19.003 - Negotiations unit. No later than February 26, 2019
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.