Job Opportunity - Claims Clerk - EBM (04-01), Accounting Unit
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: Claims Clerk - EBM (04-01), Accounting Unit
Location: Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, ON
Reporting To: Supervisor, Accounting Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,123.00 to $1,167.00 per week (Range 4 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Under the general direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the duties include but are not limited to:
- Processes expense claims including checking calculations, authorizations, supporting documents and provisions of receipts and ensuring coding is accurate
- Responds to expense claims and advance inquiries
- Initiates stop payments on cheques
- Prepares correspondence regarding expense matters
- Makes adjustment to processed claims
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files of members' expenses and payments
- Prepares, records, delivers and retrieves archived claims
- Prepares detailed statements of accounts to members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires a Community College Certificate in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience and one year related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Numeracy skills
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Basic knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Unit
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Demographic Philosophy and Diversity
- Knowledge of accounting Unit's procedures and policies
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting: Claims Clerk - EBM (04-01), Accounting Unit #17.014, no later than June 26, 2017.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.