Job Opportunities - Receptionist #1 (952-01), Membership Services Unit
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: Receptionist #1 (952-01), Membership Services Unit
Location: Financial Services Division, Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, ON
Reporting To: Supervisor, Membership Services Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,137.00 to $1,182.00 per week (Range 4 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Under the general direction of the Membership Services Supervisor, the duties include but are not limited to:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries to proper individuals
- Directs visitors and issues visitor access passes
- Monitors entrance doors and parking area
- Receives and distributes mail
- Packages mail for weekly courier as require
- May maintain log/schedules/calendars
- Books meeting space, updates meeting logs and posts meeting room schedule
- May determine needs and orders supplies for the office
- Monitors the signing out of office equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- One year Community College Certificate or one year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of experience and education) and two years of related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own unit
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Demographic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigeous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting: Receptionist #1 (952-01), Membership Services #17.017, no later than August 11, 2017.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.