Job Opportunities - Purchasing Clerk (60), Accounting Unit
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: Purchasing Clerk (60), Accounting Unit
Location: Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, ON
Reporting To: Supervisor, Accounting Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,320.00 to $1,378.00 per week (Range 5 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Under the general direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the duties include but are not limited to:
- Researches, analyses and makes recommendation on capital and renewable supply purchases
- Maintains and tracks inventory
- Keeps records and creates reports regarding supply costs
- Negotiates purchasing/leasing agreements for approval by management to ensure cost effective purchasing
- Prepares the appropriate documentation for purchasing
- Manages fixed assets schedules including depreciation
- Processes and orders supplies
- Checks shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that the merchandise meets specifications
- Performs account reconciliation of invoices against purchase orders
- Tracks orders
- Maintains Head Office supply inventory
- Assists members, locals and Units with special purchase requests
- Co-ordinates analysis of OPSEU mobile phones (including purchasing) and gas cards
- Other related duties as assigned
- Community College Diploma in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience and two years of related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Numeracy and negotiation skills
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Demographic Philosophy and Diversity
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies
- Knowledge of Accounting Unit procedures and policies
- Knowledge of general purchasing and accounting procedures
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
email@example.com quoting: Purchasing Clerk (60), Accounting Unit #17.022, no later than September 12, 2017.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.