Job Opportunities: Communications Assistant (2 Positions) (11-02 & 11-03), Communications Unit
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: Communications Assistant (2 Positions) (11-02 & 11-03)
Location: Communications Unit, Communications Division. OPSEU Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
Reporting To: Supervisor, Communications Unit
Salary: $1,391.00 to $1,583.00 per week (Range 2 – Pro-Tech)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Develop branding for OPSEU campaigns, sectors, committees, and other groupings, and assist in creating communications products to apply that branding in a variety of formats
- Design and layout graphics and text for OPSEU publications, websites, signage, displays, social media, and other materials
- Develop original graphic materials for use in social media
- Publish content for OPSEU social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, and others
- Research communications software applications and recommend purchase of suitable applications
- Assist in maintaining content on OPSEU websites
- Ensure compliance of written materials and graphics with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA)
- Monitors/filters OPSEU online subscriptions
- Take digital photographs and prepare photo files forvarious uses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or College diploma in a field relates to Communications, Web Design, Graphic Arts, Social Media ( or equivalent combination of education and experience) and three years of related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and a working knowledge with some or all of Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Pro, InDesign and/or Drupal (including knowledge of taxonomy) and html source code
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry-leading software and technologies
- Knowledge of contemporary communications strategies and psychology, news media, and various communications tools and their uses
- Knowledge of OPSEU’s organization, structure, policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting Communications Assistant, Communications Unit #17.032, no later than November 17, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.