Job Opportunities - Claims Clerk #3 (04-03), Membership Services Unit
Information marked as archived is provided for reference only. This archived material may not comply with Government Web Standards. Archived material has not been altered or updated since being archived.
Title: Claims Clerk #3 (04-03)
Location: Membership Services Unit, Financial Division, OPSEU Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto ON.
Reporting To: Supervisor, Membership Services Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,154.00 to $1,200.00 per week (Range 4 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
Under the general direction of the Membership Services Supervisor, the duties include but are not limited to:
- Processes expense claims including checking calculations, authorizations, supporting documents and provision of receipts and ensuring coding is accurate.
- Responds to expense claims and advance inquiries
- Initiates stop payments on cheques
- Prepares correspondence regarding expense matters
- Makes adjustment to processed claims
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files of members expenses and payments
- Prepares, records, delivers and retrieves archived claims
- Prepares detailed statements of accounts to members
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Requires a High school diploma (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and two years related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Numeracy skills
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Basic Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of
operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "19.006 - Claims Clerk #3 (04-03), Membership Services Unit", no later than March 19, 2019.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.