Job Opportunities - Administrative Assistant (69-02), Negotiations Unit
Title: Administrative Assistant (69-02), Negotiations Unit
Location: OPSEU Head Office, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto ON, M3B 3P8
Reporting To: Supervisor, Negotiations Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,357.00 to $1,464.00 per week (Range 6 – Support)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU Collective Agreement
Applicants interested in applying must be able to fulfill the following qualifications listed below:
- Responds to general inquiries
- Liaises with staff in other areas of the organization and at times with outside contacts to facilitates work of the Unit
- Receives and takes messages and forwards to the proper individual
- Monitors the Unit's expenditures
- May monitor budget and team expenditures and may assist in preparation of Unit budget
- Determines needs and orders supplies
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and contents
- Sets up, maintains and stores information using appropriate filing systems and/or databases
- Produces correspondence and reports for the Unit and assigned staff
- Prepares material for posting on the website
- Codes and processes invoices for payment
- Takes messages and responds as appropriate
- Overseas and maintains of the Unit's procedure manual and shared directory
- Processes and logs membership expenses claims and invoices
- Works on special projects as directed from time to time
- Trains other staff in Unit in practices and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- One year Community College Certificate or Two year Secretarial Science Certificate (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) and four years related work experience
- Requires intermediate PC skills and knowledge of relevant software packages and internal databases
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of principles and basic office management
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies and of own unit as well as familiarity of operations of other units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
A mark of 60% or greater on the test must be obtained in order to obtain an interview. A mark of 60% or greater on the interview must be obtained to be successful in the competition.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
[email protected] quoting Administrative Assistant (69-02), Negotiations Unit, #18.011, no later than April 23, 2018.
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.