Application Deadline: September 4, 2019 – The Hospital Professionals Division offers seven scholarships (one per region) of $750 each annually to students who are entering professions within the HPD. (For more information about the HPD, and a list of professions included, click here.)
Who can apply:
The scholarship is open to OPSEU members or their dependents who are confirmed as enrolled in a Hospital Professionals program at a publicly-funded, publicly-run Canadian university or college. If you are a dependent of an OPSEU member, please submit the member’s name, your relationship him or her, and the number of his or her Local on your application form.
How to apply:
The following items must be submitted with your application, and received by OPSEU on or before September 4, 2019. Applications received after September 4, 2019 will not be considered.
- This application form, completed fully. To fill out application, once opened, click on view and the select “edit document” to complete and submit by the application deadline.
- Personal statement about why you have chosen a hospital profession, and what your future goals are.
- Respond to BOTH of the following questions. Your response may be either an essay of 1500 words or a photo series, short video, poem, audio file, or visual art piece:
- What are the major issues facing Hospital Professionals today and how does OPSEU help workers deal with these issues?
- In your opinion, what are the strengths of a publicly-funded health care system?