OPSEU, on behalf of (CAAT) Support staff, started contract bargaining with the College Employer Council on June 10, 2014.
2014 Bargaining proposals
- Amend Article 8.1.6 to include coverage for dental implants and dental appliances as category E eligible expenses
- Amend Article 8 to improve the success for members returning to work.
- Amend Article 8.1.10 to increase the maximum amount of coverage for vision care
- Amend the Extended Health Care Plan to increase the reimbursement amount for prescription drugs and vaccines
- Amend the Extended Health Care Plan to increase the combined maximum per person of coverage for paramedical services.
- Amend Article 8.1.1 to allow employees to purchase more than five additional units of supplementary life insurance on a voluntary basis. The employee will pay 100% of premiums after the first five units.
- Amend the Short Term Disability Plan, to allow for full STD benefits to be reinstated on the first full active working day for all members in the new plan year.
- Amend the Survivor Benefits, CAAT Retiree Benefit Plans and current practices to allow survivors, retirees and employees on leave without pay, to pay premiums on a monthly basis.
- Amend the Extended Health Care Plan to recognize Nurse Practitioners as prescribers of prescription drugs and vaccines, eligible for reimbursement.
Health and Safety
- Amend Article 18.104.22.168 to remove the $20 maximum. Amend Articles 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 to require the provision of necessary safety devices, including footwear and prescription safety glasses.
- Amend Article 17.1.1 to consider experience as equivalent to education in job competition
- Amend Article 17.3 to give proper consideration of internal applicants for temporary vacancies
- Amend Article 4.3 to increase the frequency and accuracy of part time lists provided
- Amend Articles 15.8, and the Contracting Out Letter of Understanding to provide for no contracting out of our work
- Amend Article 14.6.2 to include that the College provide the Local Union with all data, and to provide wage protection
- Letter of Understanding – Initiatives and Opportunities – remove
- Amend Article 5.2 by increasing Union time off
- Amend Article 12.4 to encompass all leaves in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Standards Act (Ontario)
- Amend Article 12.5 to improve bereavement leave provisions
- Add new Articles under 12 – Leaves – to grant 5 days of personal leave per employee
- Amend Appendix D to enhance the ability to be considered for vacancies.
- Enhance the rights and entitlements to the collective agreement.
- A fair and equitable increase in each year in the contract
- Amend Appendix G to allow for their wage to be found on the Appendix E grid
- Amend Article 188.8.131.52 and Article 18.7.2
- Amend Article 184.108.40.206
The Union reserves the right to add to or modify these proposals during the course of bargaining.