Call for submissions
Contest now closed. Thank you for your submission.
Are you an academic bargaining unit member at an Ontario College?
How do you contribute to quality education in Ontario’s colleges?
Are you a student at an Ontario college?
How do you benefit from quality education at Ontario’s colleges?
CREATE A VIDEO ABOUT QUALITY EDUCATION AND YOU COULD WIN $1000
This competition is open to all Ontario College Academic Bargaining Unit Members (Partial-Load/Full-Time) and Ontario College Students.
Upload your video submission to YouTube and then email your YouTube link for consideration to OPSEUvideo@opseu.org
Please note: This competition is open to all bargaining unit members (partial-load and full-time) Ontario college faculty and students. Contact OPSEUvideo@opseu.org if you have any questions.
How to enter
Complete the official electronic entry form on this web page.
- REQUIREMENTS: Entries must be a maximum of five minutes long. Entries must be submitted no later than May 30, 2012. Entries must be uploaded to YouTube in accordance with directions provided by that web link. The YouTube video link must then be emailed to OPSEUvideo@opseu.org for entry into the contest.
- SELECTION PROCESS: The winner will be selected in OPSEU"s sole discretion. The winning entrants will be notified by telephone and announced at the Symposium in May, 2012. The decisions of the judging panel will be final.
- PRIZES: The winning entrant will receive a prize of $1000.
- ELIGIBILITY: All entrants must be residents of Ontario and either partial-load or full-time faculty at an Ontario college or a full or part-time student at an Ontario college. Only one entry per applicant is allowed. Employees of OPSEU are not eligible. Entries are subject to verification and may be declared invalid in OPSEU"s sole discretion.
- RELEASES AND CONSENTS: It is the sole responsibility of all entrants to ensure that entries submitted are original works and do not violate any law or agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants specifically warrant and agree that they have obtained any release and consent that may be required of:
a) persons appearing in the entry, or a parent or guardian in the case of persons under 18;
b) owners of personal property featured in the entry; and
c) copyright holders of any images or music included in the entry.
- COPYRIGHT: Entrants grant to OPSEU, without further compensation, the right in perpetuity to publication, reproduction and full use of entries, including but not limited to publishing on the OPSEU website, presentation at OPSEU Convention and any other purpose.
- NO RESPONSIBILITY: Entrants release, indemnify and hold harmless OPSEU, their officers, directors, and employees and their affiliates and all of their officers, directors and employees from any claim, loss, expense or other liability which may arise in connection with the competition, the preparation of entries, the content of any entry, as a result of a prize being awarded, or otherwise.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: Entrants expressly consent to OPSEU collecting, storing, and using personal information submitted for the purposes of administering the competition, and as necessary for promotion and future use of entries or otherwise in OPSEU’s sole discretion.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL: OPSEU reserves the right in its sole discretion, to amend competition rules at any time during the competition period or to cancel or suspend the competition.
- ENTRANTS' AGREEMENT: By entering this competition, entrants agree they have read, understood and are legally bound by these rules and the foregoing warranties, consents, waivers, releases, and statements of indemnification.