OPSEU Corrections Division MERC seeking applicants for Diversity Sub-Committee
August 15, 2011
OPSEU has negotiated a Memorandum of Agreement with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Correctional Services Division, for the establishment of a MERC Diversity Sub-Committee (MDSC), which will be a sub-committee of the Corrections MERC. The purpose is to focus on human rights, diversity, equity and inclusion issues as part of the Ministry’s “Transformational Strategy” which will take a more holistic, integrated approach at systemic and organizational change within Corrections. OPSEU plays a vital role in the successful implementation of the Transformational Strategy.
Key functions of the MDSC are:
- Advise the Ministry on the Division’s issues regarding human rights, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Support, lead and monitor the Local Diversity Working Groups.
- Regular reporting will be required as part of MERC’s standing agenda item.
- Participate in the development/consulting and commenting on the establishment of priorities and change initiatives.
- Oversee the ongoing implementation of the Systemic Change Program (SCP) initiatives, upon disbandment of the SC Steering Committee.
If you are interested in applying for a position on the MDSC, click here for more information. The deadline for applications is 4 p.m. September 16, 2011.