The Community Health Care Professionals Division (CHCPD) was created by a merger of community-based units of the Association of Allied Health Professionals: Ontario and community-based Locals and Units from various sectors in the broader public service.
As a brand new Division, the CHCPD is still in the process of identifying all of its member Locals and Units. Its jurisdiction includes Locals or Units whose members are employed predominantly as health care professionals and paramedical employees in community based health care.
Accounts Payable Clerk – Addiction & Prevention Wkr – Addictions Worker – Administration & Pcs Support – Audiologist – Audiometrist/Vision Screen Tech – Behavior Consultant – Behavioural Therapist – Bookkeeper – Building Services Assistant – Case Management Assistant – Case Manager – Chiropodist – Clerk Accounting – Clerk Client Records I – Clerk Client Records II – Clerk Contract Reconciliation – Clerk Medical Supplies & Equip – Clerk Placement Services – Clerk Payroll – Clerk Staffing/Intake Vnp – Clerk Team, Vnp – Clerk, General Office – Client Program Facilitator – Client Programme Facilitaor Senior – Commun Project Coord, Focus – Communications Consultant – Communications Coordinator – Community Development Worker – Community Facilitator – Community Health Promoter – Community Health Worker – Community Liaison Worker – Community Project Coord, Focus – Community Rehab Worker – Community Support Staff – Community Support Worker – Coord Devlp Support Staff – Coordinator – Coordinator, Mental Health – Couriers – Court Support Worker – Customer Service Coordinator – Dental Assistant – Dental Educator – Dental Hygienist – Dental Hygienist (Clinical Facilitator) – Dietitian – Dietitian, Home Care – Dietitian, Public Health – Dietitian, Community – Education Lead – Environment Inspector – Environment Inspector Ii – Environment Technician – Epidemiologist – Group Leader – Health Care Aide – Health Educ/Promoter I – Health Educ/Promoter Ii – Health Promoter – Health Promoter/Coordinator – Home Support Worker – Home Visitor – Infant Develop Worker – Infant Educator 1 – Infant Educator 2 – Laboratory Assistant – Land Control Officer – Medical Laboratory Technologist – Mental Health Case Worker – Mental Health Worker – Nurse – Nurse Practitioner – Nurse, Shift – Nutritionist – Nutritionist, Community – Nutritionist, Public Health – Nutritionist/Dietitian – Occupational Therapist, Clinical Facilitator – Occupational Therapist, Senior – Occupational Therapist – Overnight Asleep Att – Parent Support Worker – Payroll Officer – Pcs Coordinator – Peer Support Worker – Personal Support Worker – Physiotherapist, Clinical Facilitator – Physiotherapist, Senior – Physiotherapist – Placement Coordinator – Program Assistant – Program Coordinator – Program Worker – Public Health Inspector – Public Information Coord – Receptionist – Recreational Assistant – Registered Nurse – Registered Nurse, Pub Health – Registered Practical Nurse – Relief Worker – Resource Worker – RPN I & R Triage – Secretary, Administration – Secretary – Secretary & CGS – Secretary I – Secretary Ii – Secretary, Communications – Sectretary/Receptionist – Social Recreation Worker – Social Worker – Speech Assistant – Speech Language Pathologist – Statistical Support Analyst – Switchboard Operator – Systems Administrator – Systems Coordinator – Systems Operator – Team Leader – Technologist Charge – Technologist Senior – Therapist Senior – Therapist – Therapy Assistant – Therapy Team Assistant – Tobacco Coordinator – Tobacco Enforcement Officer – Tobacco Use Prev Promoter – Vaccine Tech [Prev. Diseases] –
The Division covers approximately 35 Locals and Units in Community Care Access Centres (CCACs), community-based home care agencies, community health centres, public health units, community addiction services and acquired brain injury services.
Aims and Purposes
- to promote the attainment of improved working conditions for and the general advancement of community health care professionals and paramedical employees within a high quality health care delivery system;
- to analyze and develop policy, motions and resolutions concerning community health care professional and paramedical matters;
- to engage in such activities as may be lawful and in the best interests of the membership, in accordance with the objectives of advancing the aims of their respective professions and of securing, in the interests of the public, the highest possible level of health care;
- to develop policies to guide Member Locals and Member Units in developing collective bargaining demands;
- to advance the aims, purposes and goals of the Division within the Union;
- to promote and support aims, purposes and goals of the Union, as a Division and with other Union groups;
- to participate with other member Divisions in the Health Care Divisional Council and its activities.