Pay Equity Committee Members needed – (1) Apply today!
Deadline extended to 4:00 pm on Friday August 2nd, 2019
The LBED Division is seeking one (1) member for a position on the Pay Equity Committee. The Expectation of this member is to sit as a full member of the LBED Pay Equity Committee. The mandate of this Committee is to fulfill all obligations set out in the Terms of Reference for the Negotiation of a Pay Equity Plan for the Provincial LBED unit which are as follows
- review and amend if necessary the Gender-Neutral Comparison System (GNCS) to ensure gender-neutrality and appropriateness for the evaluation of bargaining unit jobs
- review and amend, if necessary, the job Questionnaire used to collect job data
- review and amend “Notes to Raters” as required to ensure common understanding and consistency in the application of the factors and degrees
- collect job data and review job Questionnaire for all bargaining unit jobs
- determine job classes
- determine gender predominance of job classes (male, female, gender neutral)
- evaluate all bargaining unit jobs
- determine the factor weights
- determine the appropriate banding for job classes
- determine how the internal requests for reconsideration process will be handled
- hear, consider and respect to all requests for reconsideration
- undertake “sore-thumbing” exercise and review all evaluation results
The Pay Equity Committee is also responsible for providing communications to bargaining unit members. All formal communications shall be in written format and will be jointly conducted.
The Guidelines and Criteria for Appointing Committee Members according to Appendix “A”, Article 6 and Article 6.4 (b) specifically, of the Liquor Board Employees Divisional Bylaws, empowers the Executive Officers to make appointments to positions on some Standing Committees and Ad Hoc Committees of the Division.
In doing so, the Officers will ensure that the appointing process is as fair, equitable and transparent as possible.
If you do not have access to the internet, please mail your resume to:
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
100 Lesmill Road
North York, Ontario
Attention: Alex Dell, Negotiations Unit
Deadline to send in applications is extended to 4:00 pm on Friday August 2nd , 2019.