HOOPP Trustee Search
October 3, 2011
The Pension Liaison Committee invites all OPSEU members in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) to apply for the position of Union Trustee.
With the challenges facing defined benefit pension plans, we need people who have a firm and deep commitment to the labour movement and Union principles, as well as an understanding of pension plans, Trustee responsibilities and the legal framework surrounding pensions.
Who should apply?
Individuals with :
- an understanding of OPSEU’s belief’s and Policies;
- a well-articulated view of where workers sit in relation to the management and investment of capital;
- a demonstrated ability to read, research and formulate positions clearly;
- an ability to articulate positions at caucus, committee and full Trustee Meetings;
- an ability to prepare written papers based on Union foundations/positions;
- an ability to defend positions against management opposition; and
- a commitment of ‘time’ to your Union
If you or someone you know would be interested in applying for this exciting position as a Union Trustee, please forward your name, contact information and place of employment and resume no later than October 28, 2011 to:
100 Lesmill Road
Membership Benefits Unit
Toronto ON M3B 3P8
Applications must be received by October 28, 2011. A written test will be required and candidates will be selected for an interview.