On Saturday, June 16, join the Ontario Federation of Labour and the Fight for $15 and Fairness campaign at the Ministry of Labour offices, 400 University Avenue, Toronto, at 1 p.m. to continue the fight for fairness, equality and a decent minimum wage.
Doug Ford and his Tory majority government have said they will cancel the increase the minimum wage from $14 to $15 scheduled for next January 1. Instead, it would stay at $14, rising only by the annual rate of inflation.
That’s why the labour movement must show its absolute solidarity with workers making the minimum wage – right now. We’re asking you to come out to Saturday’s rally. Bring your family and friends, co‑workers and neighbours, and demand that all workers earn at least $15 an hour.
Special guests at the rally will include:
- Naomi Klein, author of “No Is Not Enough: Resisting the New Shock Politics” and co-author of Canada’s Leap Manifesto
- Chris Buckley, president of the Ontario Federation of Labour
- Sandy Hudson, co-founder of Black Lives Matter, Toronto
- Dr. Ritika Goel of the Decent Work and Health Network and OHIP for All
- Gobinder Singh Randhawa, chair of the Ontario Sikh and Gurudwara Council
You need to come to this rally. See you there!