OPSEU President Warren (Smokey) Thomas will be one of the featured speakers during an anti-privatization event at London's Central Library on Thursday, February 1, at 7 p.m.
During the event, President Thomas will renew his calls to bring privatized services such as Carillion snow-plowing back in-house.
Organized by the London and District Labour Council, the event is called Privatization Red Alert! It's designed to inform and inspire community members to stand up for public services and fight back against privatization.
Speakers will include:
- Warren (Smokey) Thomas, President of OPSEU
- Lindsay Mathyssen, Legislative Assistant to NDP International Trade critic Tracey Ramsey
- Rick Robson, Executive Director, London Police Association
- Paul Thorpe, President, ATU Canada
- Peter Bergmanis, Ontario Health Coalition
- Peggy Sattler, MPP, London West
- Ken Lewenza, former National President of CAW