Region 7 - Train the Trainer 1
Event DateMonday, October 1, 2018 - 1:30pm to Thursday, October 4, 2018 - 12:00pm
Focus on your facilitation skills at Train the Trainer 1 - October 1-4, 2018
Day 1 Monday October 1 - 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Day 2 Tuesday October 2 - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Day 3 Wednesday October 3 - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Day 4 Thursday October 4 - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
555 Arthur St W
Thunder Bay ON P7E 5R5
Are you ready to learn new facilitation skills with other participants who have demonstrated a commitment to using labour education as part of their work as activists?
OPSEU’s Train the Trainer 1: Focus on Facilitation Skills introduces participants to the theory and practice of activist education used at OPSEU. Its focus is effective facilitation and co-facilitation, with an emphasis on the delivery of OPSEU courses.
Participants will expand their methods and skills to:
- introduce a variety of activities
- build community and equity among participants
- take up small group work
- lead large group discussions
- address common conflicts and tensions
- develop action emerging from union education
How do Region 7 members apply?
1. Complete the Train the Trainer Application form and send it to the Thunder Bay Regional Office either by e-mail email@example.com or fax to (807) 343-0130.
If you are faxing your application: Please call or e-mail after faxing to ensure that it has been received: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-765-1422 ext. 5723.
Wages, travel and accommodations will be covered for the event as per OPSEU Education Policy.
Applications are due on Friday June 22, 2018, by 4:30 p.m. EST