Region 5 Labour Day meet-up and parade
Event DateMonday, September 4, 2017 -
Labour Day 2017 is a great opportunity to join hundreds of OPSEU activists, the “We Own It” campaign, the Fight for $15 & Fairness/Make it Fair Campaign, and more than 20,000 of our labour and community allies at the biggest annual labour event in Canada!
Date: Monday, September 4
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Place: University Avenue, east side, south of Dundas Street
- Invite your OPSEU sisters, brothers and comrades to join us
- Bring your family, kids and friends
- Get a free OPSEU t-shirt, free admission to the CNE, and snacks and drinks (but bring your own water!)
- Win prizes for the OPSEU locals with the best turnout
Rides are available for those with mobility issues. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.
Help spread the word
- Download, post and share our poster.
- Spread the news. Please help us get the word out to your members and encourage them to join us on September 4.
- Help build the OPSEU contingent. Plan to join us, organize a group from your local, and invite your stewards and members to come – with family and friends. The locals with the best turnout will receive special prizes at the Region 5 Solidarity & Awards Banquet in November.
Volunteer (beforehand or on the day)
Local leaders and activists are the key to building a big, lively OPSEU presence - and delivering a powerful message - at Labour Day.
- Before Labour Day, we need volunteers to: help plan our contingent; design, build and assemble the Labour Day Float; build signs for members to carry during the parade; and help organize and pack up all our materials for transport to the parade site.
- On Labour Day, we need volunteers to: help decorate vehicles; be part of our sign-in crew; help with marshaling our contingent during the parade; and carry one of our flags and banners during the march.
To volunteer, or for more information, please contact email@example.com or one of your Region 5 Executive Board Members:
- Myles Magner (RVP): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Sikora (EBM): email@example.com
- Julius Arscott (EBM): firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Region 5 Labour Day Poster