The Region 5 Education Committee is pleased to offer this educational opportunity with both online and in-person options to attend. We would like to invite all members of Region 5 to participate in this Weekend Educational where the following courses will be offered:
Saturday, September 23, 2023 – 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Sunday, September 24, 2023 – 9:00AM to 1:00PM (approx.)
In-Person Course Offerings (Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel):
- Dismantling Anti-Black Racism
- Stewards 1: Making a Difference in the Workplace
- Stewards 3: Dealing with Discipline (Prerequisites: Stewards 1 & 2)
- Health & Safety, Level 2 (Prerequisite: Health & Safety, Level 1)
- Basic Grievance Handling
- The Indigenous Journey: Walking Together, Part 1
- Dealing with Workplace Conflict
Online Course Offerings (via www.Zoom.us):
- Social Media for Union Activists
- Obligation d’accommoder 2: Des accommodements efficacies (Prerequisite: Duty to Accommodate 1/Obligation d’accommoder 1)
Please note this course is being offered in French only, the English course equivalent is Duty to Accommodate 2: Making Accommodation Work.
Please note that you may only participate in either online OR in-person courses for this Educational – there are no hybrid attendance options.
Please read the attached packages carefully, and return your completed application to R5Educationals@opseu.org
The deadline to register is Friday, August 4, 2023 at 4:00PM
View the application here.