MPPs on the Legislature’s Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs will travel to Hamilton, Windsor, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Ottawa and Toronto to hold consultations on the 2016 provincial budget this month.
We need to tell the Committee that the Wynne government’s assault on the public sector cannot continue.
As part of this, the OPSEU Hospital Professionals Division encourages all OPSEU members to attend the Ontario Health Coalition’s rallies at the hearings.
The Coalition is coordinating these rallies to raise public awareness and pressure the government. The public needs to know we are entering the ninth consecutive year of hospital cuts – the longest stretch of hospital cuts in Ontario history.
Today, Ontario is in last place for hospital funding in Canada. The province has cut more beds and services than any other province. Hospitals are discharging patients “sicker and quicker.” Every service cut is privatized, subject to user fees or moved away from many communities.
It’s time to tell the government: Ontarians do not support the dismantling of public hospitals and the takeover of health care by for-profit companies! Please attend the rally in your area:
- Hamilton: Monday, January 18, 12 noon at the Sheraton Hotel, 116 King St. W.
- Windsor: Tuesday, January 19, 12 noon at Caesar’s Windsor, 377 Riverside Dr. E.
- Thunder Bay: Wednesday, January 20, 12 noon at the Valhalla Inn, 1 Valhalla Inn Rd.
- Sault Ste. Marie: Thursday, January 21, 12 noon, at the Delta Waterfront Hotel, 208 St. Mary’s River Dr.
- Ottawa: Friday, January 22, 12 noon at the Marriott Hotel, 100 Kent St. N.
- Toronto: Monday, February 1, 12 noon at Queen’s Park
For more information, contact the Ontario Health Coalition at (416) 441-2502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a poster here to put up in your workplace.