OPSEU has committed to engage and work with racialized community members, precarious workers, and organizations that provide services to immigrants, refugees, migrant workers and other vulnerable community groups. The Equity Mobilizing Team has partnered with the Canadian Council for Refugees and Niagara Migrant Workers to host the Migrant Workers Issues Forum.
The EMT organized this event with the Immigrant Workers’ Centre, the International Migration Research Centre, the Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants, Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers, and Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office.
This full-day forum will offer an opportunity for migrant workers to meet with other participants (including advocates for migrant justice, front-line workers involved in settlement or other service delivery, and those involved in human rights or labour organizing) and share information and strategies on providing support to and advocating for the rights of migrant workers.
The forum takes place on December 3 at Brock University, Thistle Complex, St. Catharines, Ontario.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Create a space for sharing and learning among migrant workers, grassroots support groups, social service providers, and migrant rights advocates
- Offer practical information to migrant workers
- Share strategies and solutions for case work with migrant workers
- Discuss policy advocacy and common campaign strategies
- Provide an opportunity for networking among migrant workers and individuals and groups working on issues related to migrant workers
Register early as spaces are limited!
To register online: http://ccrweb.ca/en/registration-Niagara-forum-2017
OPSEU EMT Contact: email@example.com
CCR Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org