To: Highest Ranking Sector 5, Community Agencies Shelter Workers
From: Amy Clements, Local 518, North York Women’s Shelter and OPSEU Community Agencies Sector Chair
Event by invitation only.
Don’t miss the opportunity to attend a workshop designed specifically for highest ranking members in the community agency sector who work in the shelter system in Ontario. The one day workshop will be held at the OPSEU Wellesley office, 31 Wellesley Street E., Toronto. We want to ensure that all units are represented and participate. If you are unable to attend, please send another member from your unit. NOTE: you do not have to be a union steward to attend.
Why should you attend?
- Develop strategies to address workplace issues, empower and mobilize your members, and strengthen your local.
- Learn about your connection to the larger union, and the resources available through OPSEU to strengthen your unit/local.
- Help plan our new campaign!
Please bring the following:
- Current job description, pay grid and your Collective Agreement
- Workplace Policy on: Violence and Bullying Harassment, and Health and Safety
Accommodation and Advance:
If you live more than 60 kms from the Wellesley Office, OPSEU will arrange for hotel accommodation at the Courtyard Marriot Hotel, 475 Yonge St., within walking distance to the meeting. Members are entitled to shared accommodation. An expense form will be provided at the meeting to claim back hotel and travel expenses.
To book a hotel room, or if you require an advance to cover your expenses, please contact Mary-Anne Di Adamo by phone 416 443-8888 (1 800 268-7376) ext. 8664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
OPSEU will book you off on a union leave to attend the day. A time off letter will be sent to your employer once the following information is received to the attention of Mary-Anne Di Adamo, email@example.com:
- Member name and Local number
- Name of workplace
- Manager’s name, email and fax number
Please confirm your registration by Friday, September 16, 2016.
Email: Mary-Anne Di Adamo to register, firstname.lastname@example.org.