Can you sing, dance, lip-sync, play an instrument, act or perform magic tricks? Do you have a unique talent you’d like to share? Whatever your talent, the stage is calling and it’s your time to shine. You could perform at the John Bassett Theatre – and win big money!
There’s $250, $500 and $1,000 – in each of the seven regions (with an extra $3,000 for winning first place at Convention!).
Audiences will also vote for a “Members’ Choice Award” worth $1,000 bringing the potential for winning up to $5,000
Start practising now. Email submissions to
firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4, 2022.
- All OPSEU members in good standing are eligible to apply.
- Any talent can be included, such as singing, dancing, comedy, etc.
- You must submit your performance by email to email@example.com
- Your performance can be a maximum of five minutes long.
- Only one performance per person or group will be accepted.
- When submitting your performance, you will need to identify yourself. Be sure to include your name, a contact number, your local number and the community where you live.
- You will receive an email response confirming receipt of your submission.
- All contributions will be reviewed, with submissions shortlisted for first, second and third place per region.
- If selected, you must commit to being available to perform at Convention on Thursday, April 7, 2022.
- If you are selected, but you are not already a Convention delegate, you will have travel and expenses covered for one night for the Thursday-evening performance.
- There will be a panel of three judges at the Convention performance. One of the judges will be on the selection committee.
- All seven regional finalists will perform at Convention. The judges will then shortlist them to the final three.
- Whatever you have submitted must be performed in the first round. If you get to the second round, you may perform a selection of your choosing.
- If the winning performance has more than one performer, the $3,000 prize is to be shared equally between or among the performers.
- If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submissions is March 4, 2022.