2019 Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services (MCSCS) OPS Corrections Divisional Meeting
Event DateWednesday, May 22, 2019 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Dear OPS Members:
This is to advise you that a 2019 Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services (MCSCS) OPS Corrections Divisional Meeting has been scheduled.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, 123 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M5H 2M9 (416) 361-1000
Shared rate: $149.50+taxes Single rate: $299.00+taxes Meeting Room: Birchwood Ballroom
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Green P on Queen Street across from the Sheraton
Monday to Friday (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.) $20 (Day Maximum)
Monday to Friday (6 p.m. to 7 a.m.) $ 6 (Night Maximum)
There are no In/Out privileges – if members come and go they will pay each time.
*Please note: as per policy, valet parking is not a reimbursable claim.
Please call a meeting for the OPS MCSCS Corrections members in your Local to elect
Delegates to the MCSCS Corrections Divisional as soon as possible. Your entitlement is
according to the convention formula (Article 13.4 Constitution), based on the number of
members in the local concerned and is as follows:
- The Chair of each Local Employee Relations Committee (LERC) is the automatic first Delegate to the divisional meeting. There should be one LERC, with its own chair in the local.
- If a LERC Chair's position is vacant in your local, or if there is no LERC; the Local President from MCSCS Corrections is the automatic first Delegate. Where there is an absence of LERCs and Corrections Local President, the members of the Regional Employee Relations Committee’s (RERCs) become the automatic first Delegates.
- All other Delegates, Alternates and Observers must be elected as per policy.
The members of the current MCSCS Corrections Ministry Employee Relations Committee
(MERC) and Health and Safety subcommittee are automatic Delegates in their own
right. They may attend over and above their Local's entitlement, as do Executive Board
Members who are from the division.
Please make every effort to ensure that members from your Local are represented at these
Each local is entitled to send Delegates to this meeting based on the following formula and
on the number of members in good standing in your Local as of December 31, 2018.
- Up to 150 Members 1 delegate
- 151 to 300 Members 2 delegates
- 301 to 500 Members 3 delegates
- 501 to 800 Members 4 delegates
- 801 to 1100 Members 5 delegates
The Delegate entitlement for your Local, according to our records at Head Office as of
December 31, 2018, is provided in the email that accompanies this letter.
Alternate(s) shall attend at the Local’s expense. Head Office will ONLY cover an Alternate’s
expenses where the Alternate attends instead of and in place of the Delegate. Please note
that Alternates, like Delegates, must be elected.