The OPSEU Provincial Women’s Committee will be holding the 2015 Women’s Conference – The “F” Word—Reclaiming Feminism! on November 6-8, 2015 at the Chelsea Hotel in downtown Toronto.The goal of the conference is to educate and raise awareness about how women can engage in activism in an age of both backlash against feminism and in a time of fight back to reclaim feminism.
On these pages, you will find our conference poster, program, information about our roster of speakers, panel discussions, workshops, films and much more.
This year’s conference promises to be particularly exciting. We are pleased to present a thought-provoking roster of speakers and performers including: Judy Rebick, Septembre Anderson, Heather Jarvis, Farrah Khan, and Naomi Sayers.
We will be hosting three special presentations as well. On Saturday Night, we will have a live performance of Life on the Line: Women Strike at Eaton’s 1984-5 and on Sunday, we will be screening the film – She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry. A slam poet, Truth Is, will also be joining the conference on Sunday.
Finally, the conference will also provide skills-based workshops focusing on building solidarity and becoming allied in the following areas:
- Women in activism: creating change and solidarity
- Fighting pay inequity and poverty
- Challenging the stigma: How to be an ally to sex workers
For more information, click here for the conference program
To download some of the resources included in the feminist toolkit and in the conference workshops please click on the links below.
- Poverty in Canada Infographic
- What Does it Mean to be an Ally?
- Seven Important Things you can do to Reduce Stigma and Discrimination
- Sex Work and Changes to the Criminal Code
- Closing the Gender Wage Gap: A Consultation Paper
- Gender Pay Gap Facts
- Childcare: Learn the Issues
- Canadian Women’s Equality and Social Justice Web-sites
Please also join us for discussions on Twitter #PWCConference2015 and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/522122311285665/ and stay tuned for more information and resources.