Join 12,000 other DS workers standing strong together
Hello and welcome,
If you’ve landed on this page, you’re probably a Development Services worker who loves what you do and the people you support. But maybe you’re frustrated about the way your workplace is managed? Or how you and your co-workers are treated by management?
Believe us, we know the feeling. We’re also DS workers who love our work and love our clients. But we don’t always love the decisions our managers make or the funding the government provides.
That’s why we joined OPSEU/SEFPO.
It wasn’t an easy decision. In fact, it was downright scary. But it’s a decision we’ve never regretted – we’ve now got a real voice in the workplace, and it has made our work so much better.
There are 12,000 other DS workers standing together in OPSEU/SEFPO. Here are a few of the many things we’ve accomplished by standing together:
- Established clear and solid rules about hiring, scheduling, and workplace safety — with a formal appeals process if we don’t think managers followed the rules
- Significantly reduced discrimination and harassment
- We’ve raised the bar on wages across the sector, and push for decent annual raises.
- We’ve pushed dozens of employers to abide by Pay Equity laws and pay out thousands in back pay
- Over the past 15 years, we helped push governments to invest an extra $1 billion to reduce DS wait times
Interested in finding out more?
Call us right now. It’s free, easy, and 100 per cent confidential – your managers and co-workers will never know.
We’re DS worker just like you – we know exactly what you do and all about the problems you might face. We’re here to help!
Back (l-r) Karen McKinnon (bargaining rep-at-large), Courtney Huycke (health & safety rep), Silvana Cacciatore (vice-chair 2b), Erin Smith-Rice (chair), Wendy Nield (vice-chair 2c), Scott Collins (secretary treasurer). Front (l-r) Kelly Holmes (communications rep), Stephen Woods (vice-chair 2a)
- Scott Collins, Secretary / Treasurer
- Erin Smith-Rice, Division/Sector Executive, PHRC Board Liaison, Rainbow Alliance Liaison, Chair
- Stephen Woods, Vice-Chair 2A
- Wendy Nield, Vice-Chair 2C
- Kelly Holmes, Communications Rep
- Courtney Huycke, Health & Safety Rep
- Karen McKinnon, Bargaining Rep-at-Large
Contact us – it’s 100% confidential!
Interested in learning more? Contact us now – it’s fast, easy and 100% confidential:
July 21 – “Ask Us Anything” during drop-in ZoomUnion? Ask us anything! We’re unionized DS workers and on July 21: You can ask us anything!
- Will my pay go up?
- Can I be punished for talking about a union?
- How much will it cost me in dues?
- What’s the best thing about being in a union?
- What the worst thing??
- 11 am to 2 pm
- 6 pm to 9 pm
- +16473744685,,98929283911# Canada
- +16475580588,,98929283911# Canada
- +1 647 374 4685 Canada
- +1 647 558 0588 Canada
- +1 613 209 3054 Canada
- 855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free