OPSEU is showing our love for OPS Unified members by giving you a chance to win from February 14 to March 29, 2018!
Share the #OPSLove by joining the "Activate, Educate, Participate!" campaign, sponsored by your CERC team. The first step is to enter this exciting contest to "activate" your membership from now until March 29, 2018.
Any OPS Unified employee represented by OPSEU can win! (See full contest rules below.)
There are three ways for OPS Unified bargaining unit employees to enter the contest:
- New members: Haven't signed a union card yet? Fill out a membership application form and send it to your regional office by March 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
- Current members of OPSEU in good standing who have not signed up for the Member Portal: Make sure you are signed up for OPSEU's Member Portal by March 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. (Not sure if your membership number? Call your regional office to find out!)
- Current members of OPSEU in good standing who have already signed up for the Member Portal: You will be automatically entered into the contest.
It's that easy!
The contest closes March 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Don't be left out!
Draw date: April 5, 2018
Full contest rules:
How to enter:
The seven $1,000 prizes are offered by OPSEU. Only one entry per OPS employee in the OPSEU Unified bargaining unit is allowed. There are three ways to enter the contest:
- OPS employees in the OPSEU Unified bargaining unit who are not signed members of OPSEU can enter the contest by filling out a membership application form and submitting it to their OPSEU regional office between February 14 and March 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Membership applications must be submitted during this time period in order to be a valid entry.
- OPS employees in the OPSEU Unified bargaining unit who are current members of OPSEU but do not have an account in the online OPSEU Member Portal can enter the contest by creating an OPSEU Member Portal account at https://members.opseu.org by March 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
- All OPS employees in the OPSEU Unified bargaining unit who are current members of OPSEU and already have OPSEU Member Portal accounts will be automatically entered into the contest.
Entries from each of OPSEU's seven regions in the Province of Ontario will be divided by region before drawing. A random draw will be held from all entries within each of the seven regions on April 5, 2018. One entrant from each region will be selected. The selected entrants will be notified by telephone after the date of the draw and must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to win. In the event that a selected entrant cannot be contacted within five days of prize notification, another entry will be drawn from all eligible entries received from the same region.
The contest prizes consist of seven $1,000 prizes, to be awarded to one entrant per OPSEU region. The monetary prize is courtesy of OPSEU. The prize will be awarded by cheque and must be accepted by the winner as awarded.
The winning entrant must be a verifiable member in good standing of the Ontario Public Service Employees Union from the Ontario Public Service - Unified Bargaining Unit, must be 19 years old or older, and must be a resident of Ontario, on the date of the draw. Entries are subject to verification and may be declared invalid. Employees of OPSEU are not eligible.
OPSEU will not be responsible for any failure of any entry to be received due to mail delivery or transport issues, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination.
OPSEU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this contest at any time.
This contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
By entering this contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless OPSEU, its officers, directors, members and employees from any claim of any kind or any liability arising from this contest, or the acceptance or use of a prize.
Entrants expressly consent to OPSEU collective, storing, and using personal ifnormation submitted for the purposes of administering the contest, publicity using the contest winner's name, union related activities, and for any future use by OPSEU in its sole discretion.
OPSEU is the sole owner of information collected through this contest. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others.
By entering this contest, entrants agree that they have read and understand these rules and agree to comply with and be bound by them and by the decisions of OPSEU, which are final.
By providing your name, union membership number and email address, you will receive email updates on union activities as well as important notifications on issues such as bargaining and how you can help build a better future for working people.
Email [email protected].
Contest closes Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.